Janmashtami 2022: When is krishna janmashtami 2022 Date and Time
There is a situation of doubt regarding the date of Janmashtami this year. This time Ashtami date is on both 18th and 19th August due to the difference of Panchang, but do not get confused about the date of birth anniversary. Know here the exact date and time.According to Panchang, Ashtami will begin at 09.21 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, 2022. Ashtami Tithi will end on Friday, August 19, 2022 at 10.50 p.m. Because Krishna was born at night, many people will fast on August 18th to commemorate Kanha’s birth anniversary. On August 18, the householders will celebrate Janmashtami. According to Udaya date, the Vaishnava sect, or sage saints, will celebrate Janmashtami on August 19th.
There is some uncertainty about when Janmashtami will be observed in 2022. Actually, because of different Udaya dates, there is often a one-day difference in the date of the festival. This time, it happened during the Raksha Bandhan festival. Similarly, there is uncertainty about whether Janmashtami 2022 should be celebrated on August 18th or August 19th.
what is janmastami ?
Krishna Janmashtami is a significant Hindu festival. Shri Krishna, the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born on the Ashtami date of Krishna Paksha in the month of Bhado in the Dwapar Yuga to protect the people from the tyranny of Kansa.
We Fast on Krishna Janmashtami. What should be done during fasting? What should not be done during fasting?
what should be done
On an auspicious day, take a quick bath and wear new clothes or clean clothes. This is because no one can be unclean while performing the puja rituals.
- To perform the puja, take a resolution or vow that you will keep the fast for Lord Krishna with full devotion and sincerity without breaking or making any mistake. Meanwhile keep chanting the name of Lord Krishna.
Also, eating pre-fast meals will help you have a healthy digestive system on Janmashtami. It will also give you enough energy to get through the day without eating.
Donate food to those in need. Also, because it was considered very close to Lord Krishna, feed the nearby cows.
What should not be done
- No onion or garlic should be used in the Janmashtami festival or Bhog. It is not recommended to consume onion or garlic during the Janmashtami fast.
- Meat and non-vegetarian foods are strictly forbidden because this festival’s fast is sacred and involves auspicious rituals.
- Avoid eating too much oily and fried food because it contains high levels of bad cholesterol and can be harmful to your health. Take fruits, milk, and healthy juices instead.
- Avoid drinking tea after breakfast because it causes acidity, which causes agitation throughout the day.
- Additionally, make certain that the utensils used for eating or serving the devotees are clean.
Janmashtami is Celebrated in Which State?
It is a Gazetted holiday and celebrate in the Indian states of Bihar, Chandigarh, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Miizoram, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.